What to look for carefully:
Generally the plans offered by car insurance companies can be divided into two major categories:
Third Party Car Insurance: Covers damage to property, accidental death or an injury to third party.
Comprehensive package car insurance: Most people prefer it as it covers, personal accidents, legal liability of third party, theft or damage.
Car Insurance generally can be claimed under the following condition:
- For damage or loss caused to the insured vehicle due to theft, accident, act of terrorism.
- If the car gets ignited on its own, explosion, fire, strikes, riots, any unforeseen natural disaster like cyclones, lightning etc.
- If Driver (Owner) gets into accident.
- If the insured vehicle is involved in any kind of accident or death of any third person or else any kind of property damage suffered by them, any kind of legal formalities in these cases too.
Car Insurance cannot be claimed:
- In case the insured vehicle, is driven by person without valid driving license.
- Car manufacturer’s guidelines are not followed by user.
- For degrading of vehicle with time gradually.
- Due to oil leakage or the insured person is under influence of any kind of drugs, alcohol etc.
- Loss of engine or any kind of damages to engine.
- Loss or damage if policy is not in force or has been outdated and depreciation.
In India, you will be offered three main types of Car Insurance:
- Private Car Insurance
- Commercial Vehicle Insurance
- Two Wheeler Insurance
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are the personal views of the author. CarSaleIndia is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article.